Better funding for our District 11 schools is up to us!
In Colorado voters get to approve better funding for our schools. This means that when our ballots come in the mail we all have a chance to have our voice heard. Your vote is important and will count.
To ensure that your registration is up to date or to register to vote, visit the following links.
Three Ways to Vote
Vote In Person
Additional Voting Info
Ballot voting locations
Enter your address or zip code to see the locations closest to you.
Indicates a 24/7 drop-off box
Indicates a drive up drop-off box
**Starting drop-off dates included in location details**
The how-to’s of voting
Voting in Colorado is incredibly easy. Since we are an “all mail ballot” state your ballot will arrive in your mailbox the week of October 16th.
Make sure your voter registration is up to date by visiting the Secretary of State's website
Be on the lookout for your ballot at the address listed on your voter registration
Fill out your ballot, making sure to vote YES on 3E. Make sure to sign the envelope ensuring you filled out your ballot.
Place your ballot in the mail with appropriate postage or return it to one of the many drop boxes or polling places in El Paso County
Frequently asked questions
You will want to fill out your ballot and make sure to sign the envelope where indicated.
To return your ballot you can place it right back in your mailbox with appropriate postage OR you can drop it any anyone of the approved drop boxes throughout El Paso County.
Visit the Secretary of State’s website to make sure your registration is up to date.
- Will be 18 years of age or older at the time of the next election
- Are a United States citizen
- Have resided in Colorado 22 days immediately before the election at which you intend to vote
- Are not serving a sentence of confinement, detention, or parole for a felony conviction.
However, you will receive your ballot in the mail beginning the week of October 16th. You can return your ballot at any time prior to election day.
However, there are other ways your voice can be heard. We are always looking for folks who want to volunteer and to help educate voters on why this is important.
Visit our events page and sign up for an upcoming phone bank or door to door event.
You will want to keep at eye on the next next 5-7 business days for your ballot to arrive at the address listed on your voter registration.
If you do not receive a ballot in the mail you can visit one of the County Clerk offices to register and vote in person.
To make sure your ballot will be counted we recommend to place it in the mail no later than November 1.
If you have not voted by November 1 you can take your ballot to your most convenient drop box or Voting Service Polling Center until polls close at 7pm on November 7th.
Want to know exactly what you see on your ballot? The following ballot language for 3E is what you will see once you receive your ballot in October.
SHALL SCHOOL DISTRICT 11 TAXES BE INCREASED $42 MILLION DOLLARS ANNUALLY WHICH SHALL BE USED TO FUND EDUCATIONAL NEEDS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- ATTRACTING AND RETAINING HIGH QUALITY TEACHERS AND SUPPORT STAFF, NOT TO INCLUDE ADMINISTRATORS, BY OFFERING SALARIES AND BENEFITS THAT ARE COMPETITIVE WITH OTHER SCHOOL DISTRICTS;
- EXTENDING THE LIFE OF EXISTING SCHOOLS BY REPAIRING, MAINTAINING, AND MODERNIZING AGING BUILDINGS;
- EXPANDING TECHNOLOGY ACCESS TO MORE STUDENTS BY UPGRADING AND REPLACING OUTDATED COMPUTERS AND EQUIPMENT;
- IMPROVING STUDENT SAFETY AND SECURITY BY ADDING A SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER AT EVERY MIDDLE SCHOOL;
- SUPPORTING STUDENT SUCCESS BY PROVIDING MORE SCHOOL COUNSELORS, NURSES, PSYCHOLOGISTS, OR SOCIAL WORKERS; AND
- REDUCING LONG-TERM INTEREST COSTS BY PAYING OFF EXISTING DEBT SOONER;
THE DISTRICT SHALL ENSURE ACCOUNTABILITY WITH A CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE WHICH SHALL ANNUALLY REVIEW AND REPORT TO THE PUBLIC ON THE USE OF FUNDS;
FOR 2019 AND THEREAFTER SHALL SUCH REVENUES BE ADJUSTED ANNUALLY FOR INFLATION; AND
SHALL THE DISTRICT BE ALLOWED TO COLLECT, RETAIN AND SPEND THE FULL AMOUNT OF THESE REVENUES AS A VOTER APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE AND SHALL THE MILL LEVY AUTHORIZED BY THIS QUESTION BE EXCLUDED FROM PREVIOUS LIMITS WHICH WOULD OTHERWISE APPLY?